I am in the process of creating a sytem image. I have done the following steps.
1. Created an unattend.xml file using WSIM.
2. Installed Windows 7 on a source machine.
3. Hit Ctrl+Shift+F3 to enter Audit Mode.
4. Customised my installation with all the programs and drivers needed.
5. Ran the following command "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:unattend.xml
Sysprep runs and the system shuts down. I captured my image then turned on the source machine to double check everything and it boots into audit mode. Not sure where to go from here to get it out of audit mode.