I have a Windows 2003 R2 server with SP2 that used to run Remote Desktop just
fine. We rebooted one of them yesterday and after the reboot, Remote Desktop doesn't work anymore.
1. The server does not have any firewalls (windows or third party) running
2. netstat -an, port 3389 doesn't show up.
3. When I check the services, terminal services is running, but cannot be stopped or started (a know, that's impossible)
4. I deleted and tried recreating the rdp connection under "Terminal Services Configuration" but it did not help.
5. I had checked the registry and port 3389 is configured to be listen
6. I am sure Remote Desktop is checked in the Remote property
7. "RDP-Tcp (listener)" does not show up under the "Terminal Services Manager"
8. I have restarted the server many times.
9. Event logs does not shows any errors about the RDP service