WPA2 Enterprise wireless networks
Posted on 2010-11-08
We have several offices around the globe, and in each one our wireless team are setting up wireless networks. All we know for the moment is that the wireless networks will use WPA2 Enterprise security.
I'm just reading up on the subject, and from what I understand -
i. WPA2 Enterprise means there is some sort of authentication server
ii. WPA2 Enterprise also means there is some encryption
However, I had some questions I was hoping someone could answer:
1. Regarding authentication server, is this the same as a RADIUS server, or are there different types of authentication servers?
2. Can the authentication server be tied into AD so that users can access the wireless network with their AD credentials?
3. Regarding the encryption, how does EAP fit it into this?:
4. Are there any recommended types of EAP to use (or not use)?
5. What is the best way to automatically set the wireless access settings for laptops and mobile devices?