One of my clients "lost" her user account profile last night. Some details:
- I verified that she's logged in with her correct domain account.
- All Windows, Office, and other user-based configuration settings are temporarily gone.
- I saved a test file to her current desktop. It ended up here: C:\Windows\System32\config
- Her correct profile now has a status of "Backup." (See Image 1.)
- There's an additional profile named "Account Unknown" that appears to be the profile she's currently using. (See Image 1.)
- I'm getting all sorts of weird behavior when I type certain keys. "T" for instance, launched a new instance of Remote Desktop client. I'm not sure if the weird key behavior is purely a function of her machine, my remote VNC session, or the combination of the two. (I'll get the machine in front of me tomorrow.)