?
Solved

Microsoft CRM 4.0 Deactivated Contact Gone

Posted on 2010-11-10
8
Medium Priority
?
1,063 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
We deactivated some contacts and now they cannot be found.  Can you tell me where they should be and  how to reactivate?

Thanks
0
Comment
Question by:apollo7
  • 4
  • 4
8 Comments
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:stacko111
ID: 34106190
Have you tried using an Advanced Find to locate them? Search for Contacts with a Status of Inactive
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:apollo7
ID: 34106657
stacko,

Thanks, I just ran the Advanced Find and still do not see the client most recently deactivated.

I also deactivated a contact with my System Admin role and it also does not show in the Inactive Contacts.

(I can do this on our test system and it works fine)

0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:stacko111
ID: 34106954
Are you saying you can see some deactivated contacts and not others?
0
Free Tool: Port Scanner

Check which ports are open to the outside world. Helps make sure that your firewall rules are working as intended.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:apollo7
ID: 34107165
Yes, it appears that contacts deactivated a few months ago can be seen but today any contact deactivated cannot be seen in the Inactive Contacts view.

Perhaps a clue - recently there were a number of changes to security roles to restrict sales people from doing certain actions but why would my System Adminstrator role also have the same result (i.e. contacts I deactivate do not appear as active or inactive)

They just seem to disappear

Thks
0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:stacko111
ID: 34107245
Well I'm pretty sure they aren't disappearing. This definately sounds like a Security Role issue. Have you tried doing the advanced find on the server with the system admin log on?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:apollo7
ID: 34114726
Yeah, I do all my work using System Admin.  Will dig a litter deeper into the Security Roles and see what I find there.

Let me know if you think of anything else I can try - will let you know what I find.

Thanks for your help
0
 
LVL 7

Accepted Solution

by:
stacko111 earned 2000 total points
ID: 34116850
Whilst I'm confident that it is some sort of Security Role issue, you could compare two contacts in the database directly. The first a deactivated one that you can find, the second one that you can't.

If they both look the same then you can be even more confident that it is a security role issue.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:apollo7
ID: 34193833
Thanks, after reviewing the security roles and contacts more carefully we found the problem.
0

Featured Post

Get your problem seen by more experts

Be seen. Boost your question’s priority for more expert views and faster solutions

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Automatically creating a Trello card using data from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM record turned out to be an easy project that yielded great results.  Here's how I did this for an internal team at General Code.
Desired Skill Set for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Resources – Part II
This Micro Tutorial will teach you how to add a cinematic look to any film or video out there. There are very few simple steps that you will follow to do so. This will be demonstrated using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
This video shows how to quickly and easily deploy an email signature for all users in Office 365 and prevent it from being added to replies and forwards. (the resulting signature is applied on the server level in Exchange Online) The email signat…
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month12 days, 15 hours left to enroll

578 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question