For the last couple of days I have strugle with what seems more and more with a virus. I discarded this last week due that a solution that was implemented briefly restore services on the compnay worktations.
This is the scenario that I have is the following:
- 2 workgroup computers with Server 2k Pro
- 1 Station acting as a DB server
- 1 Station acting as a client
- Client connects to shared folders resources on DB server
- Symantec Antivirus 9.0.3 installed on both statinos
- Daily SMS updates that push out Symantec 9.0.3 updates
- Stations have been working ok for the last couple of years, around 4 years, same configuration.
- DB Server stops sharing resources due to "not enough server storage to process the command"
- I can ping the DB Server workstation
- I can Dameware into the workstation
- I can't unc from my local worksation or inside the workgroup
Tried to uninstall the only applications that runs the entire time, Symantec Antivirus 9.0.3 from the system. After a couple of tries because IO error, Apps collapsing, sucesfully removed Sumantec Antivirus.
This seems to have resolved the issue, but the same issues is now appearing on the client workstations.Any idea what can be causing this? I'll give 500 Points for the best answer. Thanks!