We have a forest with four single domain trees (A, B, C, D). One of the trees, site A, was created recently. Sites B, C and D existed already.
In trying to get site B to resolve the name of site A I manually set up a primary AD-integrated zone for it. After the fact I realised that the zone for site A had not replicated to site B because site A's DNS was not configured to do forest wide replication. Anyway when I realised this, I deleted the zone for it on site B's DNS server. Yes, big mistake.
Now site B's DNS is throwing out a lot of errors such as:
Event ID 4004
"The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone C. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "". The event data contains the error."
Event ID 4004
"The DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active Directory. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "". The event data contains the error."
Event ID 4521
"The DNS server encountered error 32 attempting to load zone A from Active Directory. The DNS server will attempt to load this zone again on the next timeout cycle. This can be caused by high Active Directory load and may be a transient condition."
In addition, in Active Directory Sites and Services on the DC in site B, if I try to force it to replicate now with site A it gives the error:
"The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize naming context Configuration from domain controller (DC in Site A) to domain controller (DC in Site B):
The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.
This operation will not continue."
I've no idea where to go with this. Have googled it but there are so many similar dns and AD issues..