I have about 20 windows 7 (64 and 32 bit) clients that cannot download the address book for communicator. The error that they get is: "Cannot synchronize with the corporate address book. This may be because the proxy server setting in your web browser does not allow access to the address book.If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"
- They are all in the same location.
~ Other clients in their location with different OS's can download the ABS fine
~ other win7 clients in other locations can download the ABS fine.
- They are not configured to use a proxy
- They can get to https://OCSFEName/Abs/Int
- Looking at directory: C:\Users\username\AppData\
~ Their account has full control.
~ system acct has full control.
~ administrator has full control.
~ galcontact.db is not in the directory.
- "check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked in IE options.
- Windows firewall is disabled on the computer.
- I enabled logging and used snooper to look at that. I didnt find anything helpful.
- I had run a netmon using these steps:
1. exit communicator
2. rename his communicator folder and create a new one
3. start a netmon trace (using oneclick.exe)
4. start communicator
5. let the netmon run for 10 minutes.
~There is nothing in trace showing that his client even tried to contact the OCS servers.
I cannot find the OCS server IP, server pool name, or 'ABS' anywhere in the trace.
1. Anything else I can try?
2. Is the “GalDownloadInitialDelay” registry key only for R2? (We are OCS 2007, not R2)