Static DNS Entries Deleting Themselves From 2008 Internal DNS Servers
Posted on 2010-11-15
We have a sharepoint website on a server. We added an externally accessible website to the same server on a separate IP address. Upon doing so we are having dns issues.
on the ip address .58 we have a site on 80 and 443. They are both configured to use the .58 ip address. on the ip .57 we have an 80 which is a redirect to a different 443 site. So in short 4 sites, 2 on 80 and 2 on 443 configured across the 2 different IP's.
Ever since doing that we are having issues with DNS. We have two nic's one set to not report to DNS (.57) and the other now set to report to DNS (58) on the nic under advanced settings and on the DNS tab.
Throughout the day the DNS entries are just totally disapearing from DNS (which is on a totally different server within our domain). We have set a static DNS to point to .58 (57 is the externally accessible site and doesnt need it) but the static entry is also dissapearing from DNS and the site becomes unreachable obviously because it can no longer resolve the ip address.