I'm running a windows 2008 server with Filezilla as an FTP server. I configured the FTP server and for about a year it has worked without issue. About a week ago the the FTP server stopped working, no users are able to connect to it. The error Message that is recieved is:
"An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP Server, Make sure you have permissions to access that folder. Details: The connection with the server was reset"
As I mentioned before the server was running correctly with no issue until recently. The only change made recently was Disabling SMB on the server to help improve network file access speed. I don't believe that had anything to do with it but to troubleshoot I re-enabled it on the server.
The troubleshooting steps I have taken are as follows:
1) Attempted to connect to the server after disabling the "Use passive FTP" option in the internet explorer options
2) Attempt to connect after Disabling firewall on server
3) Verified all FTP rules in router
4) Verified folder permissions to FTP share and home folder for ftp users
5) tested connectivity of port 21 via http://www.canyouseeme.org
, port 21 is open
6) tested connection to ftp server via http://www.ftptest.net
, the test completes successfully
7) created a new test user in file zilla and attempted to connect
8) created a new FTP Share on the server and a new user folder and attempted to connect.
9) typically I connect to the ftp server using windows explorer, i installed and tested it using FireFTP with no success.
I'm Completely at a loss on this, have no idea why it would work fine then materially stop working.
Another piece of information which may or may not be related is this issue started around the time daylight savings time changed.
Any help is much appreciated.