Greetings Eclipse Users,
I have been facing a problem with Eclipse's content assist. There was no particular time when it started. It just gradually got worse. When I go to type in a method name for an object, here is the sequence of events:
1) Type in object name
2) Type '.'
3) Content assist list pops up. No freeze yet.
4) Begin typing first few letters of method.
5) Only the first letter shows up. Eclipse freezes.
6) Processor usage jumps to 70%
7) 5-10 seconds later Eclipse window grays out, says Not Responding
8) ... ... ... 15-30 seconds later... ...
9) Eclipse unfreezes.
10) The next few letters show up.
11) The content-assist pop-up catches up, and shows the right suggestions.
I have come across many mentions of slightly similar problems and almost as many suggested solutions. None of them have worked so far. If you have seen this problem exactly, how did you solve it?
Here is a screenshot. This is what I see for 15-50 seconds. I still use content assist so disabling it is not currently an option. Note: Reinstalling eclipse did not solve the problem, it only decreased it.