First, a little background info on the problem: We currently have our user accounts set up to have My Documents and Desktop redirected to a network location defined by DFS (\\fs1\dfs\useraccounts\*username*). Anything that users put on their desktops or My Documents when they are logged in with their domain accounts, will go to that location (the actual files residing on our file server). This DFS directory is also mapped under drive K: with other folders. Users also get drive O: to map to their specific useraccounts folder.
Since we started migrating users to Windows 7, I've been noticing when I go into the K:\useraccounts location (with my Windows 7 Pro 32-bit machine), that anyone that uses Windows 7 shows up as "My Documents" instead of their username. So, basically, I can't tell the accounts apart...
However, when I log into the domain on a Windows XP machine and navigate to K:\useraccounts, the folder shows up with the correct name. The only thing that's different is that the folder icons are different. The users that were showing up as "My Documents" instead of their usernames have a folder icon that has a little file sticking out of it, while the other ones (that don't have the problem) are just regular folder icons.
I need to find a solution to this issue, otherwise when we move everyone over to Windows 7, I'll have an entire DFS directory with user accounts called "My Documents"!