This one has been driving me mad! A business had an SBS 2003 in place. They had to move to new servers for reasons I havent time to explain. So I set up new DC and new exhcange 2010 server all in a new domain. Extracted and imported all mailboxes for users and everything works fine... Except for 1 user.
The import of the old mailbox completed and synced with exchange. Now when Outlook is open, theres a message in the status bar "waiting to update this folder". It would just wait there for maybe 15 minutes then any new emails waiting would come in. A while later it might be back to waiting again.
Strange thing is, it only happens when the inbox is selected. If I select any other folder (including sub-folders of the inox) the status is up to date. I have tried the usual - deleting the offline cache, rebuilding the outlook profile etc. I even deleted the mailbox off the server, expoerted the mail from the old server, created new mailbox and imported again - still the same result.
I read that KB980376 can cause this issue, but it's not installed.
Don't know whats going on. I have setup the same mailbox on another PC and it displays the same problems - but not as often.