The first site is running a Hyper-V host with 3 guest operating systems (all running Server 2008 R2). One guest on that Hyper-V box is running Remote Desktop Serivces.
The second site is a phsyical stand alone box running Server 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop Services.
The servers at both sites will randomly loose network connectivity. Once we receive the alert so state the servers have gone offline (we have Kaseya running on both machines) we will remote to the Hyper-V or the remote management card of the server. We can see that the server login screen displaying CTRL+ALT+DLT is there and that the mouse is able to move (so the server is not completely frozen). Once we press CTRL+ALT+DEL that screen disappears and the background remains with no text or ability to login.
ANY help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
What we have tried so far (on both servers).
- All windows updates
- Applied hotfix for this specific issue http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/2265716/
- THIS DID NOT WORK
- Disabling Shadow Protect backup application (even removing it)
- Disabled anti-virus (running AVG on both sites)
- Completed hardware tests including memory and hard drive tests.
- Completed check disks on the physical and virtual drivers.
- Does not occur at any specific time (does not occur at night when no users are logged in).
- Removed Kaseya monitoring software.
- No event logs occur when the crash happens
- There are no DUMP files as the server does not Blue Screen