Solved

SharePoint Auto Numbering in InfoPath 2007

Posted on 2010-11-19
6
814 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
I am trying to Create a Purchase order form using InfoPath published thru Sharepoint

So I download the Purchase order Template from Microsoft download and tweaked it.

Now i needed to create a Recurring number sequence .. So I found this web site to help me

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/browserforms/autonumber-infopath-form-submitted-sharepoint-library.htm 

Now It seems to work fine. it names the files and adds a number after each one, great..
 
but when i open the file I dont see the number I get a fasle in the text field. instead of the number  
0
Comment
Question by:gotti777
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 3
6 Comments
 
LVL 15

Expert Comment

by:melli111
ID: 34173521
Could you possibly post your form here so I can take a look at it?  Make a copy of the form and change the file extension to .txt and then attach it to a new comment here.
0
 

Author Comment

by:gotti777
ID: 34173616
Sure
here you go

I have some rules for submit that create the numbers..
Purchase-Order-Test.txt
0
 
LVL 15

Expert Comment

by:melli111
ID: 34173774
Ok I see the problem... In the formula (on the rule on the submit button to set the value of the autonumber field) you have "autonumber = max(@ID) + 1"..... you don't need the "autonumber = " part... just the max(@ID) + 1.    Having the autonumber =  in the formula is checking to see if the autonumber field is equal to the max ID + 1... which returns a false value.  Get rid of that and you'll be good to go  :)
0
Office 365 Training for IT Pros

Learn how to provision tenants, synchronize on-premise Active Directory, implement Single Sign-On, customize Office deployment, and protect your organization with eDiscovery and DLP policies.  Only from Platform Scholar.

 

Author Comment

by:gotti777
ID: 34174172
Well i removed the autonumber = max  
a
it still names it right  but now when i open it it always reads a 5

 b
0
 
LVL 15

Accepted Solution

by:
melli111 earned 500 total points
ID: 34174255
Hello, you actually didn't want to remove the max - you need the max part.  In the value from your screenshot above change it to look:

max(@ID) + 1
0
 

Author Comment

by:gotti777
ID: 34174409
Perfect thanks....
0

Featured Post

Office 365 Training for IT Pros

Learn how to provision tenants, synchronize on-premise Active Directory, implement Single Sign-On, customize Office deployment, and protect your organization with eDiscovery and DLP policies.  Only from Platform Scholar.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Note:  There are two main ways to deploy InfoPath forms:  Server-side and directly through the SharePoint site.  Deploying a server-side InfoPath form means the form is approved by the Administrator, thus allowing greater functionality in the form. …
SharePoint Designer 2010 has tools and commands to do everything that can be done with web parts in the browser, and then some – except uploading a web part straight into a page that is edited in SPD. So, can it be done? Scenario For a recent pr…
In this video, viewers will be given step by step instructions on adjusting mouse, pointer and cursor visibility in Microsoft Windows 10. The video seeks to educate those who are struggling with the new Windows 10 Graphical User Interface. Change Cu…
This tutorial will teach you the special effect of super speed similar to the fictional character Wally West aka "The Flash" After Shake : http://www.videocopilot.net/presets/after_shake/ All lightning effects with instructions : http://www.mediaf…

615 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question