Hello, I am trying to migrated a 2003 PDC/AD that hosted SQL 2000 to a new 2008 R2 server that hosts PDC and AD.
I have performed the following steps but when I disconnect the 2003 server (unplug network cable) my connectiviting to the database does not work AND if I reboot a dhcp client and run ipconfig /all it points to the old DNS (2003 server).
STEP already taken:
1. ran all ADPREP /FORESTPREP and ADPREP /DOMAINPREP on 2003 server for 2008 compliance.
2. Setup 2008 server, joined domain
3. Ran dcpromo on the 2008 server and made it a PDC
4, Installed DNS on the 2008 server
5. Installed DHCP on the 2008 server and removed it on the 2003 server, works fine.
6. Made 2008 server a global catalog
7. Transfered FSMO roles via these instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324801
Again, when I disconnect the 2003 server from the network looses connectivity to SQL on the 2008 server. SQL was originally on 2003 server.
When I have 2003 server up and running and I reboot DHCP client it show 2003 server as DNS with the command ipconfig /all.
Thanks for any advice.