Trouble with a new server after renaming.
I installed a new server on the network and named it something like server-2. I wanted to replace server-1. Because there are a lot of mapped drives, apps, and printers pointing to server 1 I wanted this new server to have the old servers name. I have done this in the past without issue. But I have afeeling that this new server having R2 SP2 creating a problem. I have tried rebuilding the server a couple of times and the moment I put sp2 on it everything goes haywire. I can't even get to the login screen if it is connected to the network. If I unplug the network cable and restart it, I get the loging screen but it does not take long for the server to lock up. Is there something in AD that needs cleaning up. I did have DFS installed on it. I don't know. I am clueless here.