Exchange 2003: Public Folder (Copying files)
Posted on 2010-11-21
1) This is related to the Microsoft Exchange 2003
2) This is related to Public Folder
3) The Exchange Server's name is DC2 (The Domain is Boba.com)
4) The Top-Level Roof Folder
* AT the "Exchange System Manager" (ESM) ...
* Navigate to : Administrative Group > First Administrative Group > Folders
* Right-Click the "Folders" container
* Select New > Public Folder Tree
* Name this new tree as "Boba PF Tree"
5) The Public Store
* I take a "Storage Group 2"
* Right-Click the "Storage Group 2"
* Select New > Public Store
* Click "Browse"
* Select "Boba PF Tree" (for the Folder)
* Name this new Public Store as "Boba PF Store" (then Mount the Store)
6) The Departmental Public Folder
* I want to create the Public Folders for departments of IT, HR, Accounting and Management
* ESM ....navigate to "Boba PF Tree"
* Right-Click "Boba PF Tree"
* Select New > Public Folder
* I name the folder as the departments' name as above (IT, HR, Accounting and Management)
7) IIS Virtual Directory
* Path: Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Servers > DC2 > Protocols > HTTP > Exchange Virtual Server
* Right-Click “Exchange Virtual Server”
* Select New > Virtual Directory
* In the “properties”
+ Type “pub” (for the name of this virtual directory)
+ In the “Exchange Path”; select the “public folder”
+ Click “Modify”
+ Highlight “Boba PF Tree "
8) Testing: Any user login to \\dc2\pub will see the Public Folder of "Accounting", "HR", "IT" and "Marketing"
9) The Purpose of the Public Folder (per my understanding) is to SHARE files withing departments or companies; is it right?
10) My Goal: I want to put some files at one of the public folders (either Accounting, HR, IT or Marketing)
11)I login as one user; i put the files at the Desktop; i go to \\dc2\pub , i am able to login; i saw all the 4 public folder; i copied the files (from the desktop) and i want to "paste" it to one of the public folder; i don't see the "option" for it; then i just do "CTRL + V" (to paste it); but it also did not let me "paste" it
12) Somebody Would show me how "to copy" the files to the Public Folder?
13) Thank you