Best Method To Set Up Repeater For WiFi AP Using DDWRT
Posted on 2010-11-22
Hello All -
I currently have an AP which I am trying to extend the range on. Here's what I have to work with:
Primary Route (AP)
- Running DDWRT (Newest build)
- WAN Port to DSL
- AP Set up broadcasting SSID
- WPA2 Personal Encryption
I have a 2nd router also running DDWRT which I'm trying to use to extend the signal. I'd prefer to keep the extension the same as the original SSID so it would be seamless if possible. Here's what I've tried:
- Setting it up as a Repeater Bridge - Worked as far as providing network to physical ports, but didn't seem to extend range of wifi as documentation suggests
- Setting up as Repeater
- I set the Phy wifi int to match same as primary AP
- Then configured VInt. with new SSID
- Set AP to be on diff subnet.
Never saw it broadcast even though broadcast SSID was enabled
Again, I'm trying to find the best way to extend the range of my WiFI while keeping the same SSID if possible.
Please suggest any thoughhts or options - Thanks!