For a Win2003 - Exchange SP2 domain, only one user is having this problem.
1) On average - 1 out of 20 emails (no attachment, regular MIME) do not get received into inbox
2) On average - 1 out of 3 emails with attachments do not get received into inbox, and some that are received the files are corrupted
3) all other users are ok with emails and reception
I have tried:
1) enabling, checking the Logging in Ex2003 but when I check Message Tracking Centre I get the error "The tracking database on servername.local is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. no: c1032751"
a) I have turned off, back on, cleared the log, made sure permissions were correct for the reader, tried as admin, but no logging info will show up in Message Tracking Centre
b) so I check the \Exchsvr\servername.log file and its actually missing - nothign in the folder
2) I turned on Diagnosis Reporting but since theres no .log file I can't see the outcome
Any ideas ?