Over the past several months I have setup about twenty domains (averaging 15 users a domain) on Google Apps, primarily for email. I ran into an issue last week that I cannot resolve, and as we are using the free version of Google Apps, we do not have a support plan.
Last Thursday I setup somedomain.com on Google Apps. I created two admin users and fifteen standard users. Everybody is able to login except for one person. The account email@example.com cannot login. I set the domain up so that users can access email at mail.somedomain.com. When firstname.lastname@example.org logs in using Internet Explorer, the browser appears to hang. When this user tries to login with Firefox, the page displays, This page isn’t redirecting properly. Chrome gives a similar response. I have tried to log in to this account from multiple PCs on different networks and I am certain it is an issue on the side of Google Apps. I don’t want to delete the account for two reasons. 1. As POP was never enabled, the user has not been able to retrieve any of his email. 2. Once an account is deleted, it cannot be added for five days.
I found some articles indicating that this could be an issue with Google Docs, which I disabled several days ago, and the issue has not been resolved.
I am looking for a solution to this problem that does not involve upgrading to the paid version of Google Apps.