Move Outlook 2007 IMAP PST file
Posted on 2010-11-24
I want to move my IMAP pst files from their usual location the C: drive to another location on the D: drive.
I have moved them OK with this procedure:
First, close Outlook then make sure Outlook is not listed in Task Manager, Processes tab a few minutes after you close it.
1. Open the profile (Control panel, Mail) and click on Data files.
2. Select the IMAP acct and click Open Folder to open the folder containing the PST.
3. Move the PST to the desired location. Do not rename the file Outlook creates a new file in the default location if you try to rename it - you can only move it.
4. Switch to the Data Files window and double click on the account's data file.
5. Now you'll get the 'can't find' error and can tell outlook where to find it.
6. Close the dialogs and you are ready to restart outlook.
...that all worked and the files sync fine with my gmail IMAP server
However they cannot send mail; it just stays in the Outbox and the Send/Receive dialog doesn't display the IMAP Accounts at all (like it did when they were on the C: drive)
I have read other posts here in EE where the consensus seems to be it won't work at all. Given I have have the IMAP bit working, which I would have thought was the most problematic bit, is there some way I can now get the send work?