Getting a blue screen on boot up with a Dell Optiplex 755. Last stop is Oxoooooo8E.
Have reproduced the problem with both WD My Book Essentials 1TB and Seagate GoFlex 1TB drives. Unplug the external hard drive and it boots normally.
- Have tried plugging into different USB ports.
- Have tried three different USB cables.
- Older WD 80GB external drive works fine.
- OS is Windows XP SP3 with all updates applied.
- Updated the BIOS to the latest version as well as all the Dell drivers.
- Dell ATI driver installed, not the Windows version.
- Can normally boot in safe mode with external drive attached.
- POST has a 10-20 second delay when the drive is attached.
- I have not tried a third party USB card yet but that is probably my next step.