Data Transformation task to a specific (different) codepage
Posted on 2010-11-25
Running SQL 2008, database is collated as SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
Created a very basic data transformation task - source is a select on a table in DB, destination is a flat file. I need this file to be generated in codepage 850. The table basically contains varchar fields, and my select statement does not cast or convert them.
1) How can I confirm my output file is in right codepage? (maybe it's working and I don't even know it!) I have opened it in Firefox, and tried to look at the word Cinépop - it comes out the same no matter what I've tried.
2) How can I output the destination file as a different codepage?
I have tried:
- Just setting the codepage on the destination file connection string
- Using a data conversion task to convert to dt_str and specifying the codepage
- Advanced properties of source object, and changing output columns from dt_wstr to dt_Str with codepage 1252.
Note: When I create the source object, it flagged them all as dt_wstr.