Problem with Remote Desktop printing
Posted on 2010-11-26
I am unable to print to a new Brother MFC-8680DN printer through Terminal Services. Printing to other local printers through TS works as does printing to the Brother locally.
The server (single server, runs DC and DNS) runs Windows Server 2008. The workstation has Vista Home Premium with SP2. Both are 32-bit. I just installed the latest Remote Desktop Client from Microsoft.
When I try to do a test print locally, it works fine. If I try the same through TS, I get the error:0x000003e3
I have done/tried the following:
1) enabled rights to users on the \Windows\System32\spool folder
2) tried disabling bi-directional printing, but that was greyed out on both ends
3) have set up the Brother both through the network (by IP address) and by USB, same results
4) Removed the Brother printer installation, installed the latest Brother driver on the server (XP/Vista/2008 use the same file from Brother) as if the printer were on LPT1:, just to get the drivers on the server, then re-installed the Brother locally
5) tried TS on another Vista workstation with same errors
6) shared the printer on the Vista workstation, tried to connect to it directly both through TS and at the server; neither connection was allowed