Exchange mobile device synchronization failing to sync mobile devices
Reip’d server and move to new datacenter on different subnet. Everything worked fine prior to move
1 Exchange 2003 SP2 running on a 32 bit Win2k3 SP2
Single server running all exchange services
Oh and someone made it a DC = THANKS!
Change: Reip’d server, changed NAT and firewall rules (using Cisco ASA’s)
What I have attempted to resolve:
1. Look for static ip’s still pointing to old ip of server
a. Nothing in host, lmhost or team setups
b. Found a static in IIS > exchange-oma > Directory security > IP addy’s and domain restrictions
i. Changed it to the new ip = no change
2. Rebuilt all exchange virtual directories = no change
3. Build a non SSL OMA virtual directory = no change
a. Used how to off Petri website - was sure to turn off formsbased, SSL and restart services before copying!
4. Verified OMA and OWA still work = yes
5. Verified AD rights to use mobiles services = yes
6. Verified mobile services enable in Exch sys manager (all checked)
7. Used test user on this test site :
b. Failed on just Exchange active sync = Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 response.
The mailbox server has its [/exchange-oma] virtual directory set to require SSL. Exchange ActiveSync cannot access the server if SSL is set to be required. For information about how to correctly configure Exchange virtual directory settings, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817379, "Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [blah] User: [blah] HTTP status code: . Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. = for all active sync users
I am out of ideas