• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 662
  • Last Modified:

New Domain Controller

Ok, I had a domain Controller fail. The Hard drive died, and the server was so old. So no raid was configured. We have a VPN connection between 3 locations, one other location has a DC as well. So I was able to join the new server to the domain and then seize the roles from the old server to the new one. I ran metadata cleanup, and removed the old server from all locations. I went onto my Exchange server pointed it to the new DC, changed the RUS as well to the new DC.

Everything is sooooooo slow, I rebooted my Exchange Server half hour ago and it is still booting back up. It is stuck at applying computer settings. The new server is dual processor, 8 gigs of RAM. You would think it was a p4!!!! What ever the problem is seems to be slowing down the server as well, I clicked on start and run. It took over 30 seconds to come up.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that under sites and services, the new server also holding the fsmo roles, and global catalog. has a connection to the other dc in the second location for replication. I am not sure if that is right, I dont think so. I could be wrong, I tried to delete it but it recreated itself again. The connection is called Automatically generated.

I ran netdiag, and DCdiag with no errors. DNS looks fine too. I  am not sure what the problem is, everything looks good. This is not the first time I have done this, and everything went smoothly. I have never had an issue like this before, with a replaced failed DC.
0
TJacoberger1
Asked:
TJacoberger1
1 Solution
 
WolfhereCommented:
What does your NIC look like? any CRC's?
0
 
Suliman Abu KharroubIT Consultant Commented:
What does event viewer says ?

Please use the task manager and resource monitor( in w2k3 performance monitor ) to figure out where is the bottleneck, I/O operations/ CPU / memory or network.

sometimes a bad-configured anti virus cases performance problems
0
 
TJacoberger1Author Commented:
I am receiving errors in event viewer

MSExchangeDSAccess
eventid 2114
Process MAD.EXE (PID=8836). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040a02.

MSExchangeDSAccess
Eventid 2102
Process MAD.EXE (PID=8836). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:

MSExchangeMU
Eventid 1042
Metabase Update failed to read the Configuration namespace property from the domain controller. Error code is 80040a01.
0
Transaction-level recovery for Oracle database

Veeam Explore for Oracle delivers low RTOs and RPOs with agentless transaction log backup and transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases. You can restore the database to a precise point in time, even to a specific transaction.

 
Darius GhassemCommented:
Could be that the Exchange server is pointing to the old server for DNS. You can boot in Safe Mode to check for the DNS settings
0
 
EazzyCommented:
You need to provide more info. Did you name the new server as the old one? Is the exchange server installed on the new domain controller?
0
 
Viral RathodConsultantCommented:
0
 
TJacoberger1Author Commented:
That link lead me to the solution... See below...

The problem was that the gpo policies were missing so. I had to run dcgpofix /ignoreschema.. See below

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Q_25498625.html

Then I was able to perform the solution you gave as well. Once GP replicated to the Exchange server, the services started fine. I rebooted the server and the rest of the services started as well. Thanks for your help!!!
0

Featured Post

VIDEO: THE CONCERTO CLOUD FOR HEALTHCARE

Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now