I used an existing working java checkers applet game. It had:
and some other class files:
also supplied was the Checkers.java
I created a project in NetBeans call "javachekcers" , added the class files and been editing the Checkers .java file but when I recompiled it and uplaoded all the class files to the web server the applet no longer works (I can run it in debug in NetBeans).
I found lots of suggestion about the html code attribute of the applet tag, but haven't been able to get to work: <applet code="javacheckers.Checker
s" width="350" height="250" alt="(Applet 'Checkers' should be displayed here.)"> is what i currently use to call it.
and the applet is here: http://www.e3pro.com/test/test1.html
Here is the first of many errors: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundE
rror: Checkers (wrong name: javacheckers/Checkers)