Perfmon monitor disk space on mount points
Posted on 2010-11-30
I have a virtual server running on an ESX 4.1 host using server 2008 64bit as an OS.This server a file server mapping our users to respective departmental shares (mount points). I am in the need to monitor the disk space on the seperate mount points and finding that our in place tool, SolarWinds performance monitoring, will not aggregate data from the mount points.We also use Insight Manager to monitor our environment on a hardware level and find that HP SIM will not monitor the mount points either.
So, I have a perfmon Data Collector setup trolling the mount points but I am not seeing an addition to the event log when one of my thresholds are met. My test is a mount point called disk_test with a threshold alarm set to 95%. When the volume falls below 95% free I expect to see an alarm, but do not.
Here is what I have:
- Single Alert type Performance counter monitoring LogicalDisk (C:\MountPoints\disk_test)
- Alert When: "Below" - Limit "95"
-trying to achieve an alert when the volume falls below 95% full. (threshold set for testing only)
- Sample Interval: 15 seconds
- "Log an entry in the application event log" checked
- Start a Data collector set: - empty
- Alert Task - all attributes empty. ( just need an event log entry)
- Running task as : domain admin Server Acount.