Hello and Thanks ahead of time for any response/help.
I'm at my wits end here with a VHD file. I have a VHD that is currently 408gigs in size. The server only has 160gigs partitioned within Server 2008 Disk Manager. 120gigs is being used with 40gigs of free space.
I feel like I've tried everything and read every forum or doc on compacting VHD files with no avail. What I've done so far:
1. Defraged the machine with Server 2008 defrag.
2. Defraged the machine with Raxco PerfectDisk 11 Hyper-V Bundle
3. After defrags I've used the Precompactor Tool
4. Ran the Hyper-V Compact Tool
5. Ran the Raxco "Reclaim Unused Space (Shrink) tool
No matter what I do the VHD file is still 400gigs.
Any suggestions or ideas? What could I be doing wrong?