I set up a VPN server using a D-Link DIR-130 connected to a cable modem. I am able to log in to the VPN remotely but I can not access any files in the server. What am I missing?
So far this are the steps I have taken :
1. I connected the DIR-130 to my cable modem.
2. I connected my server computer to a LAN port in the DIR-130.
3. I connected a DIR-655 to the DIR-130 (wan to lan) for my home network. I changed the private IP in this router to avoid conflicts with the address in the DIR-130.
4. In the DIR-130 setup page I created a VPN using PPTP protocol.
5. In another computer I created a VPN client.
6. To test this arrangement I connected the computer with the VPN client to the LAN in the DIR-655 and logged in to the VPN, The connection was successful but I can not access any files in the server computer.