Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of djerryanderson
djerryandersonFlag for United States of America

asked on

Exchange 2010 cannot access OWA

I had an old server running W2K8 with Exchange 2007. I got a new server running W2K8 R2 and installed Exchange 2010. I migrated user mailboxes and Outlook seems to work fine. However, when I try to access OWA by any method I either get errors or a blank page. Starting with access at the server itself - using https://localhost/owa I get the usual page with the problem with the security cerrtificate (we are using a self signed cert.) but upon clicking the continue anyway I get to a blank page. At the bottom left I see the Done with the yellow exclamation point. Clicking on that shows a window with the following:

syntax error
flogon.js         line 1
Code:0           char 1
URI:https://localhost/owa/14.0.722.0/scripts/premium/flogon.js

The same "error" appears when accessing from another workstation on the internal lan using https://IPADDRESSOFEXCHANGESERVER/owa

I kind of want to jump this hurdle first and then I'll worry about getting external access setup - have a couple DROID users anxious to get connected.
Avatar of simon2010
simon2010

Hi djerryanderson,

Not sure but check your browser settings under internet option.
Avatar of djerryanderson

ASKER

It's not the browser - this happens on every machine with default browser settings.
Hi djerryanderson,

Kindly check the internal and external URL mentioned under exchange management console > server configuration > client access properties > general tab

Regards,
Simon
By the way, I found a couple articles that allude to adding applying Rollup 4. I'm going to try that too.
It won't even connect using https://localhost/owa. I may be missing something, but why wuold the internal and external URL affect that?
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of simon2010
simon2010

Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Yes, the last article describes the issue exactly. I am applying SP1 right now and it says I am missing some of the prerequisites. Then I will apply rollup 4.
As per following article the above issue may occure if IIS prerequisites is not installed on Server08 R2
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/4903c5a6-559b-4f36-bfe3-391929f17e0c

This article is a touch dated but does provide the solution. Looks like SP 1 is actually newer than the rollups alluded ot here. Anyway, an update is all that was needed.