I have a new Optiplex 740 that I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Enterprise on. For some reason it just randomly hard locks, just becomes totally unresponsive. I am hoping someone can help me figure out the cause, below is more information.
Also most of the time when I leave for the day I lock my system. When I come by the next day in the morning I normally have to pull the power plug and start back up. I have configured all the power savings to never or least power saving.
- Nothing helpful in the event viewer
- All Windows Updates installed
- Updated Nvidia drivers (from Nvidia not Dell)
- Dell diagnostics are clean (didn't run the extended tests)
- All other drivers are the Windows 7 default ones
- Dell keyboard and mouse, no speakers or other USB devices
- Additional PCI NIC (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family FE)
- Run CCleaner to cleanup registry problems
- Running Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5