- I’m running a Dell PC with XP Pro SP3.
- Updated and ran the typical CCleaner and MalwareBytes. MalwareBytes found and removed one Rogue. SecurityEssentials2011 entry.
- I ran a full Panda Antivirus scan. It found and removed one virus
- In Internet Explorer 8, I performed the reset under the Internet Options > advanced tab. I’m curious as to why I didn’t get the typical Internet Explorer options when I started the IE8 again – as you would on a normal working PC.
- NOTE: I can’t even run the Windows Updates because the site fails to load. I get ”Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”. If I go to “support .microsoft.com” and get to the update page, I get this common error.
“The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:
Frequently Asked Questions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:
Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)”