I have recently setup a gateway to gateway VPN between a client site and their medical billing service. They use a telnet client to access the billing server and basically leave it up and connected all day long. This wasn't an issue on the old netgear to netgear setup but with the cisco to netgear setup the telnet connection is dropping after some period of inactivity.
1. No changes have been made at the billing company's server..
2. No changes have been made at the billing company's router.
3. The Cisco ASA 5505 was implemented and the G2G VPN was setup up by copying the settings from the old Netgear router.
4. No we can not simply switch back to the old Netgear router.
5. Is there any reason why a G2G VPN would disconnect due to some kind of stale key or inactivity?
Thanks in advance.