This is driving me bats.
I'll be coding, then debugging and doing the usual: edit, debug, test, edit, debug, test, etc. Everything is fine for a while and then, out of the blue, I'll press F5 or the little green "play" button and it looks like it's going to do something (the play button dims) and then it just returns to the editor (the play button goes green again).
Nothing. No error messages, nothing breaks, the code changes are not breaking anything. Just doesn't want to debug anymore. (That's two of us.)
1. 64bit Win 7 (all patched)
2. VS2010 (all patched)
3. Always goes back to working on reboot.
4. Sometimes goes back to working on restarting VS2010
5. Not project specific
6. No error messages of any kind
7. No known hardware issues (happens on my desktop, too)
8. Switching the config drop down in the tool bar from debug to release will make the problem stop - for a while. Then it starts again in release mode.
The only other thing I've seen like it is the problem with Win 7 where if you have a folder sorted by Date modified, deleting the file doesn't refresh the display right away. The file looks like it's still there, but it's not. Change it to sort by name and the deletion takes place immediately. Maybe this is related.
I can't get squat done like this.
Has anyone seen anything like this? I've checked all over but even the research is taking forever and I'm not getting anywhere.
Thanks in advance.