TMG - Local/LAN traffic cannot get to the public/Wan nic
Posted on 2011-02-11
I'm new to TMG and I an having problems with the local users on the LAN nic accessing the internet via the WAN nic.
Info: TMG's nic for the WAN is IP=12.197.xx.xx, subnet=255.255.255.224, gateway=18.104.22.168. The lan's ip=192.168.0.152, subnet=255.255.255.0, gateway=blank
1. From a local users machine I am unable to ping 192.168.0.152 (the lan nic) while successfully pinging other machines on the 192.168.0.0 network.
2. From the TMG machine, I can successfully ping all of the 192.168.0.0 devices, including the machine in item 1 above.
3. I have all the firewalls that Windows 2008r2 has listed turned off.
4. Does RRAS need to be installed?
5. Does there need to be a route created for this to work? I was under the impression the TMG basically setup this standard functionality out of the box.
6. I can access the internet and the lan devices via the TMG machine.
7. I have a web access rule that allows everything and is NATing.
8. I am new to TMG and multi-nic systems.
9. The TMG is set as an EDGE device.
10. The only DNS server I'm using is the one at OpenDNS which is 22.214.171.124
Please be as descriptive as possible as I am new to this.