Unable to reinstall Exchange 2007
Posted on 2011-02-13
I am setting up a new Exchange 2007 server on Windows 2008. I screwed up the OWA (deleted the default website) and after compounding more and more changes I decided to wipe the slate clean i.e. uninstall all roles and reinstall everything.
But I could not remove/uninstall Exchange 2007 so I ended up :
1. Deleting the Exchange folder in Program Files,
2. Deleting registry folders of Exchange 2007,
3. Remove roles for Web server, DNS and Active Directory and re adding these roles back,
4. But when I try to install Exchange, the first four options are greyed out i.e. only apply Exchange SP 1 left.
In Control Panel add/remove programs, Exchange 2007 has been removed as Windows says it was corrupted.
Any suggestions on removing Exchange 2007 from the server? These steps have been tried:
- Running Exchange setup to remove
- Control panel add/remove programs
- deleting the Exchange 2007 folder in program files
- deleting registry folders of exchange 2007