Recently we have the "Document not saved" problem with word & excel, when people try to save their work to a network drive. A search on the internet gave a result saying it was the KB980232 update from Microsoft causing the problem. Microsoft also provides a hotfix for this, but at own risk. We applied the hotfix but without any luck. Another solution we found was to change the auto negotiation / duplex setting. We tried this where ever possible but without any luck. Most of the clients are wireless connected, 2 clients are connected with the cable. It seems to affect only the wireless clients so far.
This is our setup:
- All clients have Windows 7 with the latest updates installed
- All clients use Avast Antivirus
- All clients have Office 2010 pro
- The server is a SBS 2003 with service pack 2
- We have 3 access points: Cisco Aironet 1200
We also tested with 2 differend access points, but without any luck. We think it's a software issue somewhere, but we can't find it. Anyone got any ideas left? Thanks.