Firefox w/PAC file over SOCKS5 not working
Posted on 2011-02-14
I am having issues getting a (relatively) straightforward proxy setup with Firefox working.
The setup is:
1. Putty used to open an SSH tunnel with SOCKS5 (this works)
2. Firefox configured to use a PAC file for certain web addresses (*.specialdomain.com)
3. Remote DNS enabled in firefox
The setup works on an XP box no problem.
It is not working on the Win7 box nor on a "clean" XP VM on the Win7 box.
Troubleshooting steps so far include:
- painstakingly verifying the browser and pac file settings including clean install of FF, etc.
- disabling all AV and firewalling on the win7 and vm xp boxes
- repeat above several times
Any help or insight on additional troubleshooting w/b greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.