How to write VDR windows script to copy backup in USB drives
Please find below details of my requirement.
The steps for backing the RCI up are as follows.
• Every evening the VDR appliance backs up the VMs in accordance with the specific requirements for that RCI e.g. Planegg RCI does not back up the NT4 server VM
• Once the backup has completed a script on the VCentre server then copies the backups to USB drive deleting any existing copies
• Once the copy has completed the script emails Ops and the site support technician to swap the USB drive for the previous days drive for daily backups and the previous weeks for weekly backups
• The site support technician replaces the USB drive for the correct drive for the next day
Scripts are needed to automate as much of the off line backup of the RCI’s located around the world as not all have a server engineer on site to oversee the process.
The strategy comes in 2 parts
1. Reporting of the backup status from within the VDR appliance
2. Copying of the completed backups to USB drive
Reporting backup status within VDR
Veeam Explore for Oracle delivers low RTOs and RPOs with agentless transaction log backup and transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases. You can restore the database to a precise point in time, even to a specific transaction.