I have installed a trial of the Veeam Monitor for VMware version 5 on a Windows 2008 R2 vm that is running at my main site; and added two vCenter Servers to it. One of the servers (at a remote DR site) manages a small infrastructure of a single ESX 4.1 host, one datacenter, one cluster, and 27 virtual machines. It is connected to my main site via an IPSec VPN PIX to ASA with about a 50 Mbit bandwidth of which much is consumed by Oracle RAC Dataguard replication. This site works fine and seems to be updating properly.
At the main site, that is all interconnected via Gigabit Ethernet, the Veeam Monitor seems to never finish retrieving performance data. This site consists of a mixture of nine ESX and ESXi 4.1 hosts, two datacenters, three clusters, and 155 virtual machines. I have even gone so far as to make a DRS rule that keeps the Veeam Monitor and vCenter server together on the same host, and thus the same vSwitch.
Both vCenter Servers are running on Windows 2008 R2, at the main site vCenter is on a vm and at the DR site on a physical box. I have tried numerous times to restart the services on the vCenter and restart the Veeam Collector service.
Looking for ideas