I recently mounted an NFS storage onto a vmware host for it to be the storage for one of our virtual machines. I am using a ReadyNAS 1100 from Netgear. I have the virtual server up and running. My goal is to migrate data from another server onto this VM but I noticed that I am getting some events that have me concerned.
Lost connection to server 192.168.130.112 mount
point /ESX mounted as b175e60c-45a2f524-0000-
000000000000 (1100-NFS Storage).
2/15/2011 7:26:05 AM
Restored connection to server 192.168.130.112
mount point /ESX mounted as
2/15/2011 7:26:17 AM
It continues all day but I am able to open a console.
My worry is that when the time comes to migrate the data over that it might cause some issues.
I went onto vmare knowledge base and I am currently following the resolutions:
1. Verify ESX VMkernal IP has been has been granted permissions to NFS Storage
2. Verify that any firewalls between ESX host and NFS device have ports 111 and 2049 open
3. Verify NFS traffic has been enabled on ESX firewall
4.Verify that ESX host can vmkping NFS server
5.Verify that NFS host can ping ESX host
6. Verify virtual switch being used for storage has been configured correctly
7. Verify storage array is listed on hardware compatibility
All steps come back good but it is not on the comapability list.