Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

SCCM Site Assignment

Posted on 2011-02-15
4
Medium Priority
?
960 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-11
Hello Experts,

I have 2 questions,

1.) I just installed a new installation of SCCM on a new server with a new database and a new site code. The problem I am having is that I can't get a client to automatically assign to the new site. I can manually assign it fine, but it won't go automatically.

So far, I have added the boundary by AD site, and removed it from the old server. I also removed the server locator point from the old server and deleted it from the system mangement container in AD.

I am trying to keep the old server running until I know everything is working on the new server.

2.) I also have 2 secondary site servers. Is there a way to migrate them to the new primary site server without reinstalling?

I'm sorry sorry if I have this in the wrong zone. I could not find one for SCCM.

Thank You.
0
Comment
Question by:royit
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 8

Expert Comment

by:Toxacon
ID: 34905081
1. Run AD discovery to apply the site assignment change.
2. Secondaries cannot change their parent.
0
 
LVL 2

Author Comment

by:royit
ID: 34916484
After running the AD discovery it still does not pick up the site code automatically. For now, I just setup a group policy to change the site code until I can turn off the old server.
0
 
LVL 8

Accepted Solution

by:
Toxacon earned 1000 total points
ID: 34916926
Do you have client automatic/push install enabled? If the SCCM shows that the client=assigned and client=no, then it will automatically push the client to the devices and change the site as well. You should also verify that you have the SITECODE=<XXX> specified.
0
 
LVL 2

Author Comment

by:royit
ID: 34917582
That is exactly the issue I was having. I had the accounts setup and the site code specified in the client push, but it was not enabled. I set it up that way because that was how the old server was setup. Shortly after enabling it, I started to see several machines start showing up as clients.
0

Featured Post

Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Background Information Recently I have fixed file server permission issues for one of my client. The client has 1800 users and one Windows Server 2008 R2 domain joined file server with 12 TB of data, 250+ shared folders and the folder structure i…
A procedure for exporting installed hotfix details of remote computers using powershell
The view will learn how to download and install SIMTOOLS and FORMLIST into Excel, how to use SIMTOOLS to generate a Monte Carlo simulation of 30 sales calls, and how to calculate the conditional probability based on the results of the Monte Carlo …
There are cases when e.g. an IT administrator wants to have full access and view into selected mailboxes on Exchange server, directly from his own email account in Outlook or Outlook Web Access. This proves useful when for example administrator want…

597 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question