RDS Farm - How to ?
Posted on 2011-02-15
we're deploying an RDS Farm to be used with thinclients only.
So far I've done :
- Deploy a VM with RD Session Broker
- Deploy a first VM with RD Session Host
- Deploy a second VM with RD Session Host
- Join both RDSH servers to a farm, managed by the RDSB server
- Setup DNS with round-robin
Now, as far as I can tell, the load balancing seems to work, RDP into my far will connect me alternatively to the first or the second RDSH. Fine.
- Where do I deploy my applications ? both RDSH I'm guessing ?
- What is the best practise as far as users go ? If I want a mandatory desktop and start menu, where do I store it ? How do I prevent folder sync if I use folder redirection ? Should I use Roaming Profiles ? How do I store my users profile anywhere but on C:\Users on the RDSH ?
- Do I still need NLB or will the RDSB do its job without it ?
Thanks for these.