Converted Excel 2007 spreadsheet does not update links
Posted on 2011-02-16
I have 2 converted excel 2007 workbooks that are linked (Both are .xlsm).
They used to update automatically in Excel 2003 but now I get a #value in all the fields.
Trust center settings
I have added my trusted sources on the network
under external content: enabled all data connections and enabled automatic update
Under excel options-->advanced
I have checked update links to other documents
formulas are set to automatic
I have tried the following under edit links:
click "update values" - I get "error: source not found"
click "change source" - I browse for the .xlsm file and select it (on the network) I get "error: source not found"
click "open source" - excel crashes
The only way I have gotten links to update is to open the source file FIRST and then the file with the links. If I open the other way around, excel crashes.
The linked formulas are vlookups
=VLOOKUP(K1,'S:\Reports\Daily Flash\[Sls&DemandFlash2010.xlsm]RBT ShippedSales'!$A$9:$AG$54,3,FALSE)
I dont know what else to try