Quite a few questions about SharePoint 2010
Posted on 2011-02-17
Okay, so there are quite a few things I want to ask and a problem that I want to solve. Sorry for this wall of text. By the way, this is SharePoint 2010.
Now, for the first thing, the problem. I have a workflow that based on a new List item being created, it creates a Discussion Thread and also a new file (want to change it to folder, but that's in a bit). Now, it creates these things fine with no problem, and in the workflow I have it so that it takes the links of those newly created items and puts it into the list. The link extraction doesn't work right away, but works if I re-create the item to run the workflow again. I would assume this is because it's completing the workflow too fast and I need to pause it, but when I add a pause after the creation of the items for .10 minutes - or even 1 minute - it doesn't resume. I have no clue what is going on there at all.
Now for my questions.
1) As explained above, I have the URLs looked up in my list and put into the list in a certain field. The only thing with this is it actually links to the full directory. For example: /Main Site/Subsite/Lists/Team Discussion/Project 4. Is there a way I can change it so the link works like that, but just says 'Discussion' in the field? -- This applies for a Document Library too.
2) Is there a way to fill a field in with a color in a list? Say for this project list, I have a project that is behind schedule, I wanted a field for that row to show the color Red. That way it visually attracts the person that sees it and notices crap, something is wrong. - This I've had major problems working with. I can't use JQuery, and SPD for some reason isn't working correctly.
3) How can I make it so the workflow works every time I create an item in this list? So far if I want it to run every time, I have to re-publish it through SPD.
4) With the workflow, I have it so it automatically creates a document in a Document Library. Only thing is I want it to actually be a folder, not a random document. Is there a way to specify that?
5) Is there a way with the workflow to delete a Discussion Thread if an item from a List is deleted? So, "If 'Project 5' is deleted, delete Discussion Thread 'Project 5'". Same with Doc Libs. ---- Got mostly working. The only thing I need to do now is set it up so that the workflow automatically associates the Project List Item ID with the Discussion Thread ID. Right now, when I create a new item in the list, it creates it with a certain ID, as should. The only difference is in the Thread, you have to actually edit the thread and change the ID manually. I tried to look up something in the workflow while creating the thread, but it doesn't allow me to select the ID column in the Discussion Thread area.
6) Lastly, how do I change the Quick Launch menu per page? Say, if I click on a certain page, I want to have sub-pages for that linked in the Quick Launch part
Very sorry for the huge wall of text. I really am.
Thanks for your help everyone.