Solved

Exchange 2003 messages getting stuck in Local Delivery Queue after crash

Posted on 2011-02-17
3
861 Views
Last Modified: 2012-08-13
Hi Everyone,

I have an *interesting* problem...

I have a 3 node Hyper-V cluster running Server 2008 R2 Core Enterprise.  The cluster has several guest VM's loaded on a CSV that runs off of an iSCSI SAN so that I can Live Migrate them between the nodes.  A couple of days ago, the LUN with CSV volume was corrupted and I had to replace it with a failover LUN...however, that data on that LUN was several days old and when I booted the VM's, I ran into some issues.  Most of those issues have been now solved, but one significant issue remains...

One of my guest VM's is a Windows Server 2003 32-bit guest with Exchange 2003 SP1, and after being brought back online, something strange has happened with my mail.  All of my users have the ability to send mail anywhere (internal and external domains).  However, certain users are unable to receive any new mail (although they can still send mail).  When I look in the message queue for the mail server, I see messages getting piled up in the Local Delivery queue.  Trying to unfreeze them or force the connection on the queue does nothing - they just don't get delivered.  To add to that, the problem exists on users with mailboxes in different mailstores and seems to show no consistent pattern.  It is also spereading - more and more people are being affected.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
0
Comment
Question by:midnight000
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 76

Expert Comment

by:Alan Hardisty
ID: 34922004
The problem you describe is usually as a result of mailstore corruption and the usual fix is to dismount it, repair it, defragment it and integrity check it.

To do this, please run the following:

eseutil /p

eseutil /d

isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
midnight000 earned 0 total points
ID: 34945991
Just an update...

No isinteg and eseutil fixes worked.  The problem was solved by creating new DB's in each Storage Group and moving all the mailboxes from the old DB to the new DB.

Thanks for the assistance though!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:midnight000
ID: 34986544
The proposed solution did not work.  I worked on the issue and came up with a fix eventually.
0

Featured Post

Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A list of top three free exchange EDB viewers that helps the user to extract a mailbox from an unmounted .edb file and get a clear preview of all emails & other items with just a single click on mailboxes.
After hours on line I found a solution which pointed to the inherited Active Directory permissions . You have to give/allow permissions to the "Exchange trusted subsystem" for the user in the Active Directory...
In this video we show how to create a Shared Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Recipients >> Sha…
To add imagery to an HTML email signature, you have two options available to you. You can either add a logo/image by embedding it directly into the signature or hosting it externally and linking to it. The vast majority of email clients display l…

707 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question