I need to know where to spend our security budget. Hardware firewall, encryption, something else?
We are struggling financially so we need to get the most security protection with the smallest investment (<$5000). I will award the points to the comments with explanations on why your suggestion would be the best solution. Specifics are below.
- SBS 2003 with Exchange enabled
- 10 client pcs
- 1 Windows Server running accounting software
- Using Built-in SBS firewall
- No hardware firewall
- Symantec Endpoint Protection without the Network Threat Protection
- Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
We have outsourced our accounting functions, so now the accounting server is being accessed remotely with RWW and more financial data is going over the internet. Plus, because we are emailing scans of invoices, credit cards etc. to the accounting firm, sensitive information is being saved locally on client PCs.
Thank you in advance for any ideas/suggestions you can give me. Please let me know if you need more information.