?
Solved

Thread exception  Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack

Posted on 2011-02-17
Medium Priority
?
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
Im facing a problem- Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack.
 Im working on Windows Application .net VS 2008.( im not using Response.Redirect). I got error when the code that is in thread is completed and call myThread.Abort() method. Any idea t solve the problem?
Comment
Question by:sigmatec_pk
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

• Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
6 Comments

LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:daryal
ID: 34924071
Hello,
are you using a third party tool or dll or unmanaged code (like c) somewhere?
If this is the case, then I think the problem can be related with the unmanaged code.

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34924081
Also, please note that your thread may be terminated before you call thread.abort.

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34924448
@daryal::
thanks for repy. No, im not using any third party dll or unmanaged code. I ve debugged code it executed fine, on thread Completion method when i abort the thread myThread.Abort it goes to catch block.
What does it mean to be "Always On"?

Is your cloud always on? With an Always On cloud you won't have to worry about downtime for maintenance or software application code updates, ensuring that your bottom line isn't affected.

LVL 10

Accepted Solution

by:
daryal earned 2000 total points
ID: 34924486
why you are aborting the thread if the thread is complete?

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34940445
@daryal:

is it not necessary to abort the started thread?

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34942331
As far as I know, if the thread completes, there is no need to abort it.
In fact, aborting a thread is usable in a few cases and it is done on a purpose, not for every thread.

Featured Post

Quick Cloud Training

Looking for some quick training on the cloud in 2 hours or less? Check out these how-to guides in AWS, Linux, OpenStack, Azure, and more!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Computer science students often experience many of the same frustrations when going through their engineering courses. This article presents seven tips I found useful when completing a bachelors and masters degree in computing which I believe may he…
This article shows how to deploy dynamic backgrounds to computers depending on the aspect ratio of display
An introduction to basic programming syntax in Java by creating a simple program. Viewers can follow the tutorial as they create their first class in Java. Definitions and explanations about each element are given to help prepare viewers for future …
With the power of JIRA, there's an unlimited number of ways you can customize it, use it and benefit from it. With that in mind, there's bound to be things that I wasn't able to cover in this course. With this summary we'll look at some places to go…
Suggested Courses

752 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question