Solved

Thread exception  Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack

Posted on 2011-02-17
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
Im facing a problem- Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack.
 Im working on Windows Application .net VS 2008.( im not using Response.Redirect). I got error when the code that is in thread is completed and call myThread.Abort() method. Any idea t solve the problem?
Comment
Question by:sigmatec_pk
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

• Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
6 Comments

LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:daryal
ID: 34924071
Hello,
are you using a third party tool or dll or unmanaged code (like c) somewhere?
If this is the case, then I think the problem can be related with the unmanaged code.

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34924081
Also, please note that your thread may be terminated before you call thread.abort.

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34924448
@daryal::
thanks for repy. No, im not using any third party dll or unmanaged code. I ve debugged code it executed fine, on thread Completion method when i abort the thread myThread.Abort it goes to catch block.
MIM Survival Guide for Service Desk Managers

Major incidents can send mastered service desk processes into disorder. Systems and tools produce the data needed to resolve these incidents, but your challenge is getting that information to the right people fast. Check out the Survival Guide and begin bringing order to chaos.

LVL 10

Accepted Solution

by:
daryal earned 500 total points
ID: 34924486
why you are aborting the thread if the thread is complete?

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34940445
@daryal:

is it not necessary to abort the started thread?

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34942331
As far as I know, if the thread completes, there is no need to abort it.
In fact, aborting a thread is usable in a few cases and it is done on a purpose, not for every thread.

Featured Post

Instantly Create Instructional Tutorials

Contextual Guidance at the moment of need helps your employees adopt to new software or processes instantly. Boost knowledge retention and employee engagement step-by-step with one easy solution.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Although it can be difficult to imagine, someday your child will have a career of his or her own. He or she will likely start a family, buy a home and start having their own children. So, while being a kid is still extremely important, it’s also …
This article shows how to deploy dynamic backgrounds to computers depending on the aspect ratio of display
In this fifth video of the Xpdf series, we discuss and demonstrate the PDFdetach utility, which is able to list and, more importantly, extract attachments that are embedded in PDF files. It does this via a command line interface, making it suitable …

697 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question