Improve company productivity with a Business Account.Sign Up

x
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1259
  • Last Modified:

Thread exception Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack

Im facing a problem- Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack.
 Im working on Windows Application .net VS 2008.( im not using Response.Redirect). I got error when the code that is in thread is completed and call myThread.Abort() method. Any idea t solve the problem?
sigmatec_pk
Asked:
sigmatec_pk
1 Solution

daryalCommented:
Hello,
are you using a third party tool or dll or unmanaged code (like c) somewhere?
If this is the case, then I think the problem can be related with the unmanaged code.

daryalCommented:
Also, please note that your thread may be terminated before you call thread.abort.

sigmatec_pkAuthor Commented:
@daryal::
thanks for repy. No, im not using any third party dll or unmanaged code. I ve debugged code it executed fine, on thread Completion method when i abort the thread myThread.Abort it goes to catch block.
What Kind of Coding Program is Right for You?

There are many ways to learn to code these days. From coding bootcamps like Flatiron School to online courses to totally free beginner resources. The best way to learn to code depends on many factors, but the most important one is you. See what course is best for you.

daryalCommented:
why you are aborting the thread if the thread is complete?

sigmatec_pkAuthor Commented:
@daryal:

is it not necessary to abort the started thread?

daryalCommented:
As far as I know, if the thread completes, there is no need to abort it.
In fact, aborting a thread is usable in a few cases and it is done on a purpose, not for every thread.
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

Join & Write a Comment

Featured Post

The 14th Annual Expert Award Winners

The results are in! Meet the top members of our 2017 Expert Awards. Congratulations to all who qualified!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now