[Last Call] Learn about multicloud storage options and how to improve your company's cloud strategy. Register Now

x
?
Solved

Thread exception  Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack

Posted on 2011-02-17
Medium Priority
?
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
Im facing a problem- Unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized or a native frame is on top of the call stack.
 Im working on Windows Application .net VS 2008.( im not using Response.Redirect). I got error when the code that is in thread is completed and call myThread.Abort() method. Any idea t solve the problem?
Comment
Question by:sigmatec_pk
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

• Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
6 Comments

LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:daryal
ID: 34924071
Hello,
are you using a third party tool or dll or unmanaged code (like c) somewhere?
If this is the case, then I think the problem can be related with the unmanaged code.

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34924081
Also, please note that your thread may be terminated before you call thread.abort.

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34924448
@daryal::
thanks for repy. No, im not using any third party dll or unmanaged code. I ve debugged code it executed fine, on thread Completion method when i abort the thread myThread.Abort it goes to catch block.
Get free NFR key for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (1 year, 2 sockets) to all certified IT Pros. The license allows for the non-production use of Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 in your home lab, without any feature limitations. It works for both VMware and Hyper-V environments

LVL 10

Accepted Solution

by:
daryal earned 2000 total points
ID: 34924486
why you are aborting the thread if the thread is complete?

Author Comment

by:sigmatec_pk
ID: 34940445
@daryal:

is it not necessary to abort the started thread?

LVL 10

Expert Comment

ID: 34942331
As far as I know, if the thread completes, there is no need to abort it.
In fact, aborting a thread is usable in a few cases and it is done on a purpose, not for every thread.

Featured Post

Efficient way to get backups off site to Azure

This user guide provides instructions on how to deploy and configure both a StoneFly Scale Out NAS Enterprise Cloud Drive virtual machine and Veeam Cloud Connect in the Microsoft Azure Cloud.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article aims to explain the working of CircularLogArchiver. This tool was designed to solve the buildup of log file in cases where systems do not support circular logging or where circular logging is not enabled
This article will inform Clients about common and important expectations from the freelancers (Experts) who are looking at your Gig.
In this seventh video of the Xpdf series, we discuss and demonstrate the PDFfonts utility, which lists all the fonts used in a PDF file. It does this via a command line interface, making it suitable for use in programs, scripts, batch files — any pl…
Six Sigma Control Plans

650 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question